
Welcome to the inaugural edition of That Girl From Shallotte's "Melodramatic Old Diary Entries," wherein we shall explore some of That Girl's deepest, most profound thoughts when she was younger that make her cringe now.
Enjoy!
--------------
1/18/02
Just watched "Say Anything" for the 100th time. I love that movie.
I miss Lloyd Dobler so much. I know he exists, I just can't find him.
I can't believe I'm in my 30s. I don't feel that old. I'm an aging adolescent, it's true.
Last night, the kids and I left the bar and had a slumber party at Greg's house. 30-somethings aren't supposed to put on pajamas and stay up all night drinking and playing games. I get so much joy from it, though.
I guess you take love from wherever you can get it.
I can't help missing Lloyd Dobler, though. I wish I had someone I could say anything to. I want a dare-to-be-great situation.
Even though wherever it is I'm going is a result of my own work and experience, I want somebody to hold my hand when the plane takes off.
----

No comments:
Post a Comment