So we still have stuff to get out of the old house before it closes at the end of next month. I'm being a big girl and throwing stuff out so as not to create the same clutter here.
But I just found the book, "The Cure: 10 Imaginary Years" that I bought in London in 1988 during my semester abroad. My roommate Kathy and I travelled from London to Paris to Brugge to Amsterdam by train and I had two tapes to play on my knockoff Walkman from Shepherd's Bush: "Faith" and "Pornography."
"For God's sake, just try not to fling yourself off the train." Kathy said about my choice of music. Kathy and I went on to see our first two Cure shows together.
I don't need the book, or the clippings and ticket stubs from all the Cure shows I went to. But just like my Duran Duran albums I have nothing to play on, I just need those memories to be close to me.
HAIKU
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment