Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Great moments in things I actually said vol. 1

After college, I worked as an editorial assistant by day and cocktail waitress at nights during the summer concert seasons at the amphitheater here in Raleigh. I ran back and forth to the concession stand for people sitting in expensive corporate box seats. 

One night, as I served a round of drinks that added up to $19.75, the woman paying gave me a $20 bill. I gave her her quarter in change and she set it on my tray. So I set it back on the table in front of her. She asked, "Don't you accept tips?" "Yes ma'am, I work for them," I replied before walking away. 

Her husband followed me and slipped me a $20.

1 comment:

for a different kind of girl said...

Gah...I wonder if the lady was the mother of one of my college friends, who is the world's worst customer.